1. Honesty: Being honest and telling the truth are extremely important. Best way to find out if a real estate agent is an honest person is to ask them for their recent client’s feedback.
2. Strong Negotiation Skills: A real estate agent should know what to say when representing clients.
3. Hardworking: A realtor should appear to be determined and should work on the sale of each listing as if it was the most important.
4. Use of Technology: an agent that can use technology with ease can stay current on the market.
5. Connections: When selecting a real estate agent it is important to find out what business connections they have to offer.
6. Accounting: Client should know financial aspects of transaction are taken care of the way he counts every penny.
7.Disclosure of material facts: It is important as many, I would say, vast majority of first time buyers have little to no expertise to evaluate how much an issue could cost, later. Many people buy their first house just because they like it, and often afraid to dig deeper. If agent is willing to disclose the facts and his personal view on a potential problem, it may help to avoid problems later.